|Posted on April 10, 2014 at 9:35 PM|
With spring here and summer just around the corner, It is recommende to have your car fully detailed with a professional grade wax at least twice a year. In between those times here are a few tips to protect your investment..
1. Remove tar and especially tree sap from the finish as soon as its seen. Sap causes permanemt damage very quickly and gets harder to remove the longer it stays there. Mineral spirits will safely remove the sap by applying to a cloth and gently rubbing until its gone. It works well with tar also but be sure to do a spot check.
2. Bugs. The acid in the body of bugs will eat into the clearcoat of your car very quickly if left unattended. When they splatter, the process starts almost immediately. If removed quickly they will come off using water and car wash soap. An automotive wax with a small amount of cleaner will help in removing the ones that are left on for a little longer If left on,, this can result in permanent damage to the finish.
3. Leather seats. Leather needs maintaning usually once every 3 months. Using a quality Leather conditioner will help prevent cracking and keep the leather looking and feeling soft.
4. Interior protectant helps keep the hard surfaces from cracking, this is a must! Damage from UV rays and the heat that is produced in a closed car during summer will ruin those surfaces eventually.
5. Glass. A regular cleaning of the exterior glass will help prevent hard water and acid rain spots. These spots are caused by the minerals in our water as well as contaminants that are airborne. If you cannot remove them call us. We have 2 products specifically designed to remove those spots.
6. Spills and spots on carpet and cloth seats are easier removed before they dry and really get locked into the padding below. Its always best to use a cleaner designed for automotive seats and carpets. After cleanng, blot the area dry with a clean towel. CALL US HERE AT BILLY'S WAX ON WHEELS FOR ALL YOUR CAR CARE NEEDS. NO JOB IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL. 334 677 WAXX